Hooters!
I'm jumping ahead a little at this point, but wanted to thank all those that I've met up here who have been so friendly, so helpful and, not least, so much fun. Allison of course, Seth and Rob, Curtis, Chris, Steve, Cody, Autumn, Nikki, Beth, Kevin, Jack, Two Suns, Rain Dog and Todd. I'm sure I've left someone out here, if so, I apologize.
I'd also like to thank Maranda and Cassie at Hooters... I've never been to a Hooters before and was somewhat reluctant to go, but was very kindly invited by Rob and thought that at the very least, I'd be silly to turn down a new experience. Unfortunately Rob was called away at the last minute and so I waited for him alone at Hooters with some wings and a drink, sitting in the early evening Tennessee sun on the Patio - that in itself being a grand experience. Cassie and Maranda very kindly came over to talk to me, and Maranda must have spent a good twenty minutes or so chatting.
These girls work hard, very hard. The money's good but it's a job with long hours and no real breaks. I told Maranda that if she felt the need of a break, to feel free to sit down and she took my invitation at face value. She's a lovely girl and it was nice to hear that she's had almost no trouble from the clientele whilst working at Hooters, which was one of the first things that I thought of when we started talking about her work, and she was showing me where her legs started to ache a little after standing for a long time. Maranda said that she'd be at another place later, when she finished work and that she'd love to buy me a drink and get to talk properly.
When Rob returned we sat for a while, whilst I enthused about the personal attention and customer service, how friendly people in Tennessee were, and so forth and so on at great length, he simply smiled quietly at me. On the way out, Cassie came over and gave me a big hug and told me ask for her sometime. Great place. On returning to the house - where I'm staying for a few days with Rob, Seth and Allison - Seth and Allison laughingly informed me that this level of customer service was not the norm, that it wasn't a great selling ploy (which I admit is one of the things that had crossed my mind) and that no, inviting me to a club and offering to buy me a drink wasn't simple Tennessee courtesy and friendliness.
Which brings me to an apology. Maranda, should you come across this, I really did appreciate the invitation but got caught up in the Plum Festival last night and didn't get to make it to the Club. Thank you though for your thoughtfulness. Which in turn brings me to the Plum Festival - and this was most excellent - to be highly recommended, if anyone is anywhere near Johnson City at this time next year, and it's also some of the material of one my next posts.
I'd also like to thank Maranda and Cassie at Hooters... I've never been to a Hooters before and was somewhat reluctant to go, but was very kindly invited by Rob and thought that at the very least, I'd be silly to turn down a new experience. Unfortunately Rob was called away at the last minute and so I waited for him alone at Hooters with some wings and a drink, sitting in the early evening Tennessee sun on the Patio - that in itself being a grand experience. Cassie and Maranda very kindly came over to talk to me, and Maranda must have spent a good twenty minutes or so chatting.
These girls work hard, very hard. The money's good but it's a job with long hours and no real breaks. I told Maranda that if she felt the need of a break, to feel free to sit down and she took my invitation at face value. She's a lovely girl and it was nice to hear that she's had almost no trouble from the clientele whilst working at Hooters, which was one of the first things that I thought of when we started talking about her work, and she was showing me where her legs started to ache a little after standing for a long time. Maranda said that she'd be at another place later, when she finished work and that she'd love to buy me a drink and get to talk properly.
When Rob returned we sat for a while, whilst I enthused about the personal attention and customer service, how friendly people in Tennessee were, and so forth and so on at great length, he simply smiled quietly at me. On the way out, Cassie came over and gave me a big hug and told me ask for her sometime. Great place. On returning to the house - where I'm staying for a few days with Rob, Seth and Allison - Seth and Allison laughingly informed me that this level of customer service was not the norm, that it wasn't a great selling ploy (which I admit is one of the things that had crossed my mind) and that no, inviting me to a club and offering to buy me a drink wasn't simple Tennessee courtesy and friendliness.
Which brings me to an apology. Maranda, should you come across this, I really did appreciate the invitation but got caught up in the Plum Festival last night and didn't get to make it to the Club. Thank you though for your thoughtfulness. Which in turn brings me to the Plum Festival - and this was most excellent - to be highly recommended, if anyone is anywhere near Johnson City at this time next year, and it's also some of the material of one my next posts.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home